Vancogenx is the ideal complement in the fixation of antibiotic-loaded spacers and permanent fixation of prostheses following two-stage revision procedures; particularly where there is the risk or presence of infection caused by bacteria sensitive to Gentamicin and/or Vancomycin.
- Ideal viscosity for every requirement:
- suitable for manual application
- suitable for syringe application
- All the advantages of a Tecres cement:
- reduced polymerization temperature
- reduced toxicity
- excellent mechanical performances
- Release of Gentamicin and Vancomycin:
- broad spectrum of action
- antimicrobial synergy
- effective and prolonged release
Why Gentamicin e Vancomycin?
- Have a synergic action.
In association, they enhance their anti-bacterial effectiveness
- Have a spectrum of activity which covers about 90% of pathogens normally isolated in orthopaedic infections
- s the association most described and used when bone cement is utilized alongside the treatment of infections